Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Show-Me Games


Here are a few picks from the race. The day was perfect for racing. Afterwords we had Shakespeare's Pizza, a first for me. Great place.
Rounded the first lap 44 seconds ahead of the closest competitor, the guy in red in the pic of Jay below. We rode together the first 5 miles and then I pulled away from him at the top of the big, middle climb. The pic of the creek (below) was where the climb began. About a third of a mile into the second lap I flatted and that was the end of my race. Within a couple of minutes four guys passed and all I could settle for was my fastest tire change ever. Fifth place is not so bad. Had a great weekend and can't wait to get back to Columbia for some more single track and pizza. Jay walking away with the hardware!

the world's most interesting man...doubt it.....but stay thirsty anyway friends!


Keith fueling up for lap 2



Greg O put in a strong ride

















some of the beautiful sites at the park

1 comment:

  1. Fifth with a flat...ain't so bad. I've never ridden this site, looks like fun. Maybe next time, as we were settled in to a nice weekend of floating and back road drives. 7 hours from Eminence to O'fallon with a short stroll at Berryman.

    ReplyDelete