Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Castlewood Challenge
















Big crowds and lots of racers made for an exciting Sunday of racing. The course was fast and in great shape from the bit of rain on Saturday. My pre-ride went great and that was about the best thing that happened to me. I was leading by over a minute on the second place rider after the first lap. Climbing Grotpeter I saw Brian Buskin changing a flat. It was then that I realized that I had forgot my pump at the car. I told him I thought I had a big lead and powered up the hill. I hit the first false flat and realized that I had flatted. A good guy in a Gorc jersey loaned me his pump and some 20 or so guys passed me on their way up the hill. Things only got uglier. I did not know how to use that guys pump so it took a few extra minutes to pump it. I rode out the rest of the race looking at the flowers and the trees. Flatted one more time before the creek and walked the rest of the way across the finish line. It was a great day to bike and hike the woods of St. Louis County.

No comments:

Post a Comment